1831 May 5 M
6 Comprehendible in
one Synoptic Table
all the plain figures
6. Of the several plain figures the delineations all together will be
comprised in one graphical Table, to which successively the
Teachers will preach.
8 7 Of the solids exhibited
will be specimens
of the natural
models of the artificial
the useless polyhedrons
67. Of the several solids he will have specimens, which he
will present to view: namely those of the solids in use,
not the regular solids other than the parellipedon: they being
of no use: a mention of them will be sufficient
4 Prolate spherical
5. Oblate spherical
8. In the case of the solids exhibit at the same time
specimens of the natural and the artificial: for example
the egg and an oval of wood or ivory.
8. In this order the
in the several forms
as per Art. 6.
9. Next give, in so far as they can be made intelligible,
the several customarily-applied employed propositions:
1. in words without diagrams, 2. in words with diagrams:
3. in diagrams without words
10. Insert all along
differences to Euclid's
Elements: viz. in Notes
at bottom of the pages
Because on account of
the authority Euclid
will always be read.
10. Quere what use should be made of, or reference to
the Elements of Euclid &c? Answer. The work not being
of itself possessed of any authority — or say power over,
or influence on Public Opinion, it may be necessary, or at
any rate useful, to make reference to the work in
question —they having, till now such authority
to the exclusion of all others, on the same subject.
11. Exhibit the practical
made of the several
1. in pure or say unapplied
2. in mixt or say
11. Proceed to shew the practical uses made of these
as yet unapplied propositions; namely by means of the
application respectively made of them, in the several branches
of mixt mathematics, or say applied posology, to which
they are in use to be applied.
12. Here ends Simply-
12. 12 B. Here will end the Elements of practical or say simply enuntiated Posology,
or say Mathematics What follows will belong to what may be a distinct publication
namely Elements of th demonstrative Posology, or say Mathematics:
distinct publication as
being designed for a distinct
class of learners.
Identifier: | JB/135/198/001
"JB/" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 135.